Quick Beef Stew
Easy, quick and healthy beef stew. Besides beef, potatoes, carrots and onions are in the stew. Seasoned with just salt and butter. To make the stew creamy, I used quick oats. Comfort meal which helps you relax after long day.
- 1/2 lb Lean Stewing Beef
- 10 Baby Carrots
- 2 Medium Red Potatoes (about 2/3 lb)
- 1 Medium Onion
- 3 tablespoons Quick Oats
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Wash potatoes and cut into bite size. Peel and halve onion and slice thinly.
In a large pot, heat olive oil and sauté onion over medium heat until tender. Add beef, carrots and potatoes and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add 2 cups water and bring to boiling.
Reduce heat to medium-low heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender removing the scum periodically.
Stir in oats and salt. Simmer for another 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Lastly, add butter to the pot. When the butter is melted, turn off the heat and put the stew into each serving bowl or plate.
You'll also love
- Spiced Beef cheeks with Carrots... 3.7/5 (100 Votes)
- Sydney's Spice bread 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Bake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Cutlet in Indian Spices 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Easy Blueberry Muffins 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Roast Chicken Stuffed Potatoes... 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Fish Chowder 4/5 (36 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
For a quick dessert fix, turn to this handy, dandy mug recipe!