Easy Tasty Spareribs and/or Chicken Sauce
This rib sauce is delicious! Everyone I serve it to comments on it; a few times! And it is so easy:-) The measurements are for a full rack of pork ribs or 6 to 8 chicken breasts or legs. This sauce freezes well.
- 1 C. ketchup
- 4 Tbsp. mustard
- 4 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp. 'ReaLemon' juice
- 2 C. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 375F.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Cut ribs in sections of four, as to fit in the pot.
Boil ribs for 10 mins.
While the ribs are boiling, mix all ingredients together in a medium size bowl until well blended.
Remove ribs and place in a large enough shallow roasting pan (or 2 if need be).
Salt and pepper the ribs.
Pour sauce over the ribs.
Cook for 1 hour
Cut into a rib after 45 mins. to check if they are cooked, as all ovens differ.
I place 2 pieces of tinfoil, layered, in the pan as the sauce gets very sticky and I find it is easier to clean the pan afterwards.
For chicken, there is no need to boil. With ribs, I find they are much more tender if boiled for a bit.
You'll also love
- Nana's Spareribs 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Chicken Briyani with Yogurt Raita 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Chicken Parmesan Farfalle 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- DRUNK SALSA 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Easy Chai Tea 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Dannielle's Stuffed Green Peppers 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Grilled Pineapple Snackers 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Roasted Pork Loin with Fig-Port... 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!