We tried the magic flat-tummy drink, and it's INSANE
If you've been dreaming of a flat stomach, here is THE drink that will help you reduce that puffy look you get when you're feeling particularly bloated. It's never a pleasant feeling to walk around with extra weight on your stomach.
Here's the way to remedy it!
Opt for mineral water over sparkling water (the bubbles will derail your anti-bloating efforts)
- 8 ounces mineral water (of your choice)
- About one ounce fresh ginger
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 4 fresh apricots
- Just over 1/3 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
Add the water to a blender or food processor, then add the apricots, raspberries, ginger and the pinch of cinnamon. Mix everything together and serve. If the texture is too thick, add water little by little to thin it out.
With the mineral water, your body gets a dose of vital minerals. It's best to choose one rich in magnesium because this mineral promotes muscular contraction, which plays a role in aiding your digestion.
The ginger also facilitates digestion, which helps you feel less bogged down.
The cinnamon has an anti-inflammatory effect that reduces the oxidative stress causing abdominal pain. These elements help improve digestion, which limits bloating.
The apricots and raspberries contain fibers that increase digestive motor function because they absorb two times their weight in water, which facilitates draining excess residue in the body. This frees up the colon and as a result calms your stomach. You can add a few almonds for extra protein and fiber.
Free yourself from the bloat, and rediscover the flat stomach you've been waiting for!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.