Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese
- 1 pound elbow maccaroni
- kosher salt to taste
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken or pre-cooked grilled chicken
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup hot sauce divided
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 1/2 half and half
- 3 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup blue cheese or Gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 2 tsp hot sauce for sprinkling on top
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350F and spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add the 3/4 of the box of pasta, cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain
Meanwhile, melt 3 Tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the chicken and garlic and cook 2 minutes, then add 1/2 cup hot sauce and simmer until slightly thickened about 1 more minute.
Melt 2 Tbsp butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and mustard until smooth. Whisk in the half and half, then add the remaining 1/4 cup hot sauce and stir until thick, about 2 minutes.
Whisk in cheese, pasta and cheese sauce. Pour into lightly greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle blue cheese or Gorgonzola over the macaroni.
Bake until bubbly, 30 to 40 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with some red hot sauce on the top for color.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.