Chicken Cashew Casarole
Great Aunt Sharon's recipe
- 1 4-5 lb. whole chicken
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 cans mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 can chow mein noodles
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- sprinkle of pepper
Stew chicken until tender and cool. Remove bones, leaving in fairly large pieces. (about 4 cups of chicken)
Cook onions and celery in butter. Add soup and broth. Add seasonings and chicken; simmer together for five minutes on low heat.
Pour into a large casserole dish. Sprinkle with noodles and nuts. Bake at 350 degree until brown and bubbly 30 to 45 minutes.
You'll also love
- Cashew nut milkshake 3.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Dad's Potato Noodles 2.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Spinach Quiche 2.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Coconut Chicken Soup 2.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Classic Potato Casserole 2.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Tater Tot Caserole 2.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Weekday Chicken Casserole 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken & Dressing Bake 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.