Coconut Chicken Soup
Tom Kum Gai
Rate this recipe 2.5/5 (13 Votes)
- 2 chicken breasts sliced 1/4" slices marinated in a bit of red curry paste
- 1 sweet onion sliced thin
- 1 sweet pepper sliced thin (or several small ones)
- 2-4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 lemongrass stalk cut and separated into 2" sections
- 9 C water
- 3 T chicken bullion
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/2 C fish sauce
- 1/2 C lime juice
- 1 T garlic chili paste
- 1-2 t Thai chili powder
- 1 can dices tomoatoes
- 1/2 can sliced pinapple
- fresh cilantro
- softened rice noodles
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Sautee onions and peppers in a little oil.
Add chicken and sauté for a few minutes until not quite done.
Add the rest of the ingredients except cilantro and bring to low boil.
Serve over softened rice noodles and garnish with cilantro.
You'll also love
- Coconut Red Bean Soup 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Tenderloin Marinade 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- SPICY PEPPER CORN SOUP 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- One-Dish Chicken Tamales 2.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Asian Sture Fry 2.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup 2.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Oriental Soup 2.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Broccoli Chick'n Thai Curry 2.1/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Chicken Quesadillas
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.
Review this recipe