One-Dish Chicken Tamales
- 1 package corn muffin mix
- 1 can (14 oz) cream style corn
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 package shredded taco cheese
- 1 can (10 oz) hot enchilada sauce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 400F. Coat a 13x9x2 baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine muffin mix, corn, eggs, milk, chili powder, cumin and 1 cup of cheese. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
Pierce casserole with a small knife in about 12 places and spread enchilada sauce over top. Scatter chicken and remaining cheese over casserole, bake for 20 minutes.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes and cut into 8 squares. If desired, serve with sour cream and line wedges.
You'll also love
- The southwestern tamale casserole... 4.3/5 (81 Votes)
- Tortilla Taco Casserole 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Tamales 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Dannielle's Chicken with Green... 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Yury’s Anything Casserole 2.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Breakfast Casserole 2.3/5 (62 Votes)
- Chicken and Asparagus Skillet... 2.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Tar Babys 2.3/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.