Classic Potato Casserole
- 2 bags frozen hash browns
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 1 (8 oz) jar cheese whiz
- 2 cups corn flakes, lightly crushed
- 3/4 cup margarine, seperated
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Combine thawed hash browns, onions, sour cream, and soup. Pour into a greased baking dish.
Melt cheese and spread over hash browns. Mix corn flakes with half of the butter and sprinkle over hash browns. Melt remaining butter and pour over dish.
Bake at 350F, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!