Asparagus and Ham Parcels
- 1 lb asparagus
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp each chopped chives and parsley
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chopped tarragon
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 4 slices cooked ham
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Steam asparagus 3 to 4 minutes.
Cool in cold water and pat dry.
Beat cream cheese until smooth, add swiss cheese, egg, parsley, tarragon, chives and pepper.
Brush each sheet of phyllo with butter and stack on top of each other. Cut into 4 squares.
Divide cheese mixture and lay on pastry squares.
Place asparagus on top. Fold edges over and seal. Brush tops with melted butter. Make a few slits on the tops.
Bake at 400F for about 20 minutes
You'll also love
- Asparagus and Tapenade Verrine 4.7/5 (38 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Filo Pastry Parcels with Scallops... 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Filo Pastry Parcels with Scallops 4/5 (35 Votes)
- Frittata 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Beef Mac + cheese 2.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Dill Dip 2.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Golden Parmesan Potatoes 2.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Baked Penne 2.5/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!