Filo Pastry Parcels with Scallops and Feta
Filo Pastry Parcels with Scallops and Feta. Discover our recipe.
- 1 pack of filo dough
- 2 cups of scallops
- 1 pack of feta cheese (cut the cheese into cubes)
- Hot french mustard
- 1 onion
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
In a hot pan, sear the scallops until cooked, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan, add sliced onion and cooked until caramelized.
Roll out the filo dough. Cut into 4x4inch squares. Spread a small spoonful of mustard, then add a spoon of caramelized onion, a couple of scallops and some cubes of feta cheese.
Bake in the oven at 400F for 45 minutes or until the dough is golden.
You'll also love
- Baby Greens salad with Quail Egg 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Cheesy Rotel Dip w/ Chips 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- MUSHROOM PASTRIES 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Blueberry Muffins 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Vanilla Pear Compote 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Mini Quiche Lorraine without batter 4.4/5 (149 Votes)
- Homemade Hot Chocolate 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Shrimp Ceviche 4.2/5 (56 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!