Sea Scallops in Sweet Mustard
Sea Scallops in Sweet Mustard. Discover our recipe.
- 4 large or 6 medium scallops
- 4 oranges
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbsp butter
- white pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 5mins
Peel and mince the shallot.
Squeeze the oranges juice into a pan and boil.
Add the shallot
Cook and filter.
Cut the scallops into 4 slices (3 if they are small).
In a small saucepan, bring juice to a simmer, season with salt and white pepper, then place the slices of scallops in the liquid.
When the liquid starts to simmer again, turn off the heat, add butter, stirring the pot to encourage emulsification. Add mustard.
Adjust seasoning and assemble in a glass.
You'll also love
- Spinach Balls 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Leek & Potato Soup 3.8/5 (51 Votes)
- Deviled Eggs 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Chinese Glazed Salmon with Peas... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Sloppy Joes with Eggplant 4/5 (33 Votes)
- Tuna Rilettes with Green Apple 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Duck breast with honey 3.9/5 (65 Votes)
- Baked Stuffed Clams 3.8/5 (49 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!