These are rich and creamy pastries filled with mushrooms and cream cheese.
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 8 mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and dried
- 1 block cream cheese, soft
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 pkg puff pastries
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Saute onions, mushrooms, and garlic until caramelized. Add spinach and cook 1 minute.
Stir in remaining ingredients except puff pastries. Cook until smooth and well combined.
Preheat oven to 400*F. Oil cupcake pan.
Press pastries into cupcake pan. Bake 20 min or until mostly cooked through.
Fill pastries with mushroom filling. Bake 5 min.
You'll also love
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks 4.7/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Parm 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Whipped Sweet Potatoes 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Crab Rangoon 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Hot spinach dip 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.7/5 (505 Votes)
- Fresh Red Bean and Beef Chili 4.2/5 (8 Votes)
- Strawberries and White Chocolate... 4.8/5 (70 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!