A quick and easy breakfast or brunch casserole
- 1 lb lightly browned ground breakfast sausage
- 1 lb shredded hash brown potatoes
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese (or Colby or whatever flavor you prefer)
- 8 to 10 eggs lightly beaten with a little milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
10 x 13 cake pan lightly greased
Layer the ingredients in the order shown
Bake at 350 for 45 - 60 minutes (until eggs are set) The cooking time will depend on the number and size of eggs you use and the temperature of the hash browns before layering.
Serve with a little sour cream, ketchup or salsa on top
It cooks faster if you bring the frozen hash browns to room temperature before layering
We like to fix this on Christmas morning. We pop it in the oven and it is ready by the time we have opened our gifts.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!