Tamale recipes - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Tamale recipes
The southwestern tamale casserole you NEED in your life!
Follow the step-by-step recipe to beefy, fluffy, spicy heaven!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups half and half or milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Kosher or sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped Anaheim chile peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped habanero peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chile powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes
Cook Meat over night so its tender and just falls apart
- Pork shoulder butt roast OR beef chuck (Family pk) Corn husks, Chili pods 2 pks New Mexico and 1 pk japonese and the masa from Vallarta
By Chef Christophe
-Take husks and soak in warm water 4 to 6 flexible sheets
- - 4 beautiful corn cobs
- - 2 eggs
- - 3.5 tbsp butter
- - 1 onion, chopped
- - Scant 1/2 cup milk
- - 2 tsp sugar
- - 1 tomato, cubed
- - 1/2 zucchini, diced
- - Salt and pepper
Hot Tamale Soup
Brown and drain meat
- 2 lbs ground meat
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans corn
- 2 cans rotel tomatoes
- 3 cans beef broth
- 2 cans pinto beans
- 1 can cream corn
- 1 can of cream of mushroom
- 2 large cans of tamales, cut into bit size pieces
- 2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powdwer
One-Dish Chicken Tamales
By amylk103, Amy's Awesome Nest
Heat oven to 400F. Coat a 13x9x2 baking dish with cooking spray
- 1 package corn muffin mix
- 1 can (14 oz) cream style corn
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 package shredded taco cheese
- 1 can (10 oz) hot enchilada sauce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)