Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Rate this recipe 2.5/5 (12 Votes)
- 6-8 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 and 1/2 C celery
- 1-2 cans of cream of chicken, or cream of celery soup
- 4 C milk
- 2 and 1/2 inches Velveeta
- 1 C cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1/4 C butter
- 1 C bacon cut in small bits
- 1 C sour cream (optional)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cook bacon in large pot. Set bacon aside. Saute onion and celery in a small amount of bacon grease.
Peel and cube potatoes, then place in the pot. Barely cover potatoes with water then boil till tender.
Once potatoes are tender add soup, milk, Velveeta, cheddar cheese, parsley, and butter. Stir gently until ingredients are well blended and cheese is melted.
Thicken soup with flour and milk thickener. Once thickened, add sour cream, bacon, and cheddar cheese to your preference.
You'll also love
- stuffed taters 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Potato Pockets 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Classic Mashed Potatoes 2.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Classic Potato Casserole 2.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Glazed Ham 2.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Tater Tot Caserole 2.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Oriental Soup 2.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Golden Parmesan Potatoes 2.5/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Crispy Zucchini Potato Cakes
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!
Review this recipe