Baked Potato Soup
- 2 sticks (1 cup/16 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups whole milk
- 5 large potatoes
- baked and cubed (peeled
- if desired)
- 2 pounds chicken cooked and shredded (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 bunch green onions
- thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Melt the butter in the bottom of a large pot over medium-high heat. Add flour and whisk to combine until thickened.
Whisking continuously, slowly pour in the milk and whisk until mixture is smooth. Be sure to get the corners of the pan.
Add all of the remaining ingredients and lower the heat to medium. Stir occasionally until the cheese is melted and the soup is warmed through.
Be sure to scrape bottom of the pot as you stir so the soup doesn't burn.
Serve when warm and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Sour Cream and Chive Chops 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Yellow Squash Soup 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Pepper Chicken Masala 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Baby/ Kid friendly Autumn Soup 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Clam Chowder 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Creamy Lentils, Potatoes, Goat... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Me Me's White Butter Icing 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.