Wild Rice and Broccoli Cassarole
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese grated ( plus a little extra to sprinkle on top)
- 2 heads of broccoli ( though can add steams too)
- 1 package of Uncle Ben's wild rice ( with ingredients needed for the rice)
- 2 tins of mushroom soup
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
- Cook rice as directed (note: do not cook the rice too dry, want it a little moist)
- Cook the broccoli in water in the microwave until crunchy
- Take out both cans of soup in a bowl ( note: add some milk into one of the cans (about 1/3rd of the can) and use it to get all the soup out of the can, and then transfer it to the other can and do the same. Add this milk into the bowl where the soup is). Next add the cheese and mix.
- Butter a casserole dish
- Alternate soup mix and broccoli and rice in layers until done. Sprinkle with the extra cheese
-Bake at 350 F for 1 hour (covered).
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
This Gluten-Free Broccoli Pizza is original, healthy and super tasty!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cups of your favorite shredded cheese (we recommend two types- 1 cup of one, ¾ cup of the other)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (or canned crushed tomatoes)
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 9 slices coppa ham
- Cut the broccoli and boil until soft.
- Place the broccoli in a blender.
- In a bowl, add an egg and ¾ cup of shredded cheese, mix until solid.
- Form a ball and roll it flat on an oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 min at 350° F.
- Once out of the oven, spread the tomato sauce evenly on the broccoli crust.
- Layer 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Place a layer of Coppa ham.
- Top off with of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Slide it back into the oven until the cheese melts.