Wild rice recipes - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Wild rice recipes
Wild Rice and Broccoli Cassarole
- Cook rice as directed (note: do not cook the rice too dry, want it a little moist)
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese grated ( plus a little extra to sprinkle on top)
- 2 heads of broccoli ( though can add steams too)
- 1 package of Uncle Ben's wild rice ( with ingredients needed for the rice)
- 2 tins of mushroom soup
Broccoli & Wild Rice Casserole
Cook rice mixture according to package directions
- 1/2 lb Cheddar Cheese
- 2 lbs Broccoli
- 1 pack Wild Rice mixture
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 cups cooked & cubed Chicken
Wild rice cheese soup
Creamy soup with bacon,Velveeta, wild rice and potato soup
- 1/2 cup wild rice, prepared as directed
- 1/2 box Velveeta
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and drained, reserve grease
- 2 cans cream of potato soup
- ! quart whole milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion
Mrs. Broderick’s Chicken Recipe
Put rice into greased casserole dish and add to it the onion soup plus the chicken pieces on top of the rice
- 1 Package Uncle Bens Wild Rice
- 1 Can onion soup
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom soup
Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
I came up with this recipe by using ingredients I had on hand one day when I was hungry
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans low sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 box of long grain & wild Rice-a-Roni
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced