Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
I came up with this recipe by using ingredients I had on hand one day when I was hungry.
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans low sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 box of long grain & wild Rice-a-Roni
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a stockpot saute the celery and onions in butter.
Add broth. Once hot, stir in canned soup.
Add the rice mix. Cook until rice is done, about 25 minutes.
Stir in chicken. Cook until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Since the rice mix contains so much sodium, I use low sodium soup and broth
You'll also love
- Broccoli & Wild Rice Casserole 3.9/5 (74 Votes)
- Wild Rice and Broccoli Cassarole 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Meat Pie Mixture 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Mushroom Spaghetti 2.1/5 (54 Votes)
- New Orleans Chicken & Wine 2.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken, Mushroom and Rice Oh My 2.6/5 (14 Votes)
- bonnie lemondae 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Barley Soup 2.7/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.