Avocado, Broccoli, Edamame
This is a wonderful baby food recipe packed with lots of protein and nutrients your little ones need!
Believe it or not, this is a recipe for baby food! But don't let that stop you, this amazing combination of flavors also works wonderfully for adults as a side dish to any meat or fish, making it a great dish for the whole family to enjoy!
- 1 small head broccoli (or 1 cup frozen)
- 1/4 cup shelled edamame
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/4 t cumin
- 1/4 t coriander
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Cut broccoli florets into small pieces and steam until fork tender.
Steam edamame until fork tender.
Add both to blender along with one large avocado.
Add lemon, cumin and coriander. Blend to desired consistency. You can adjust seasonings to taste!
You'll also love
- Caramel Apple 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cinnamon Apple Pear Sauce with Mint 4.8/5 (17 Votes)
- GUACAMOLE 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Mozzarella Bacon Broccoli Salad 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Kale & Mushroom Saute 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Baby Food: Apple and Oat Puree 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Healthy Red Onion and Broccoli... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Vegetarian Broccoli Salad with... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!