Vegetarian Taco Salad
I usually make this salad with my leftovers from making bean tacos.
- 1 pkg veggie ground
- 1 can black beans, drained and pureed
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 2 cups old cheddar cheese plus more for topping
- 1 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 Serrano chilies, diced
- 1 bag romaine lettuce
- 1 pkg grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sweet corn, thawed
- 3 avocados, sliced
- Tortilla bowls
- Chips, crumbled
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Fry 1 onion until caramelized. Add veggie ground, brown. Once browned, add beans, seasonings, and cheese. Cook until cheese is melted.
In tortilla bowls, add lettuce. Top with bean mixture. Add onion, tomato, chilies, corn, and avocado. Top with salsa, cheese, and chips.
You'll also love
- Lion's Mane Mushroom Alfredo Sauce 3.4/5 (95 Votes)
- Southern Fried Chicken with Corn... 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
- Pan Pizza 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- California Roll 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Green Gram Salad 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Soup 4.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Australian Salad 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- SOPAPILLA CHEESECAKE (MEXICAN... 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!