Kidney Bean Tacos
The kidney beans make a hearty refried beans for the meat in the tacos.
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pkg vegan veggie ground
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 block old cheddar, shredded and halved
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- Lettuce, chopped
- CORN TORTILLAS
- 1 cup masa flour
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup oil
- Water as needed
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Saute onion and garlic until caramelized. Add bell pepper, cook 3 minutes.
Brown veggie ground.
Blend kidney beans until smooth. Combine ingredients to nutritional yeast in a pan. Cook until thickened. Add half of the cheese, melt.
Combine dry ingredients for tortillas. Add oil. Add water slowly until dough is able to roll into balls. Make golf balls. Press flat with tortilla press and cook 1-2 minutes in tortilla press on medium high heat. Fry corn tortillas in taco shape until golden.
To serve, layer beans, onions, tomato, lettuce and cheese in taco shells.
You'll also love
- SOPAPILLA CHEESECAKE (MEXICAN... 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Pizza 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Chicken and... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Rava Kichidi Chennai Style 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Tortilla Pie 4.1/5 (122 Votes)
- cheesy potatoes 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.7/5 (510 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.