SOPAPILLA CHEESECAKE (MEXICAN CHEESECAKE)
- 2 cans Crescent rolls
- 2 8 oz. Cream cheese softened
- ½ C. sugar
- 1 teas. Vanilla
- ¼ C. Melted margarine
- 1/8 C. Sugar
- 1 tbs. cinnamon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350° (if using a glass pan, set to 325°)
Mix topping together and put aside
Unroll crescent roll and spread on ungreased 9 X 13” pan
Smooth out seams and pre-bake 7 minutes
Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla
Spread over pre-baked pastry
Unroll second crescent roll over top and smooth out seams
Spread melted margarine on top; sprinkle with topping mixture
Bake 40 minutes
Refrigerate till cool, then cut
* best if made one day ahead
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.