- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1 -500gm tub sour cream
- 1 brick cream cheese
- 1/2 jar Salsa
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese (grated)
- may want to mix mozzarella cheese with it.
- Chopped vegetables such as celery
- fresh mushrooms
- green onions
Cream sour cream and cream cheese together until smooth.
Place in the bottom of a large margarine dish. Refrigerate.
Fry hamburger, drain grease. Add taco mix and follow the package directions. Let cool.
Place cooled hamburg mixture on top of cheese mixture.
Top with salsa.
Add your layers of fresh vegetables.
Top with grated cheese. Let sit about 1/2 hour in fridge.
Serve with taco chips. I prefer the mulit-grain chips.
Although this is a good party snack, I enjoy it as a meal on it's own. You can also set aside some sour cream mixture and hamburg mixture and make another time... keeping it fresher.
You'll also love
- Merediths Blue Ribbon Pecans 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Bran Muffins 4.1/5 (36 Votes)
- VEGETABLE SOUP 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Sassy Fruit Cocktail 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Steak Casserole 3.2/5 (141 Votes)
- Kidney Bean Tacos 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Filo Pastry Parcels with Scallops 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Mexican Pie 4/5 (36 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
- Ground meat
- Coriander, chopped
- Onions, minced
- Ground Pepper
- Cheddar (cube and slice)
- Canola Oil
Chop coriander and mince onions
Mix the meat, coriander, onions, pepper and salt in a large bowl
With your hands, shape the meat into a large ball
On a clean surface, flatten the ball and place a cube of cheddar on top
Cover the cheese with the edges of the meat, creating a ball again
Place in a pan and let one side simmer in canola oil
Flip the patty and place a slice of cheddar on top
Place the lid on the pan and let cook to desired texture
Put the patty in a bun with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!