This is a mild Indian dish that is smooth and creamy.
- 1 pkg extra firm Indian tofu, cubed
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 md can tomatoes, crushed
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup mango vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pkg sweet peas
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Saute onion, garlic, jalapeno, and ginger until caramelized. Add canned tomatoes.
Blend until smooth.
Fry tofu in sesame oil and coconut oil until browned.
Add remaining ingredients except peas. Cook 10 minutes.
Add peas, cook 15 minutes. Serve over rice or with naan.
Add yogurt in last 2 minutes of cooking to avoid a broken sauce.
You'll also love
- Table and Chairs Yorkshire Pudding 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Garlic Fingers 4/5 (171 Votes)
- Baked Salmon with Butter and Herbs 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken Biriyani 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- QUICK VEGAN GRAVY 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Potato Chip Dip 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Saji Meva Rice 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Channa Chaat 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe