- 1 tablespoon soft margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 14-ounce can tomatoes
- 1 cup fish stock OR water
- 1 cup diced, peeled potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- OR 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 1/2 cups one per cent milk
- 1 7 1/2-ounce can salmon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chopped fresh dill, for garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Heat margarine in a large—sized saucepan. Sauté onion until translucent. Add celery and carrots and sauté until soft. Add potatoes, canned tomatoes, fish stock; water, and dill; cover and simmer until tender about 20 minutes. Add milk and salmon; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Garnish with chopped dill.
You'll also love
- Savories- Lamb Kabobs 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Gazpacho Soup 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Coleslaw 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Dad's Split Pea with Ham Soup 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Fish Karahi 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn RECIPE: Grilled salmon with orange... 4/5 (111 Votes)
- Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Fish Chowder 4/5 (36 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!