- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 small onion
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 deep dish pie shell (9 inches)
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 cup milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375
Melt margarine and cook onion
Add spinach and half the shredded cheese
Spoon into pie shell
Whisk eggs and milk
Pour over spinach in pie shell
Bake 15 minutes then sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese and bake for another 35-40 minutes until centre is set
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!