Mixed berry coconut chia smoothie
By Tisa Jacob
It's the boss of all smoothies,with bits of fresh and frozen berries, chia and the fragrance of coconut.
- 2 teaspoons Chia Seeds
- ½ cups Milk
- ½ cups Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Frozen Mixed Berries
- ½ cups Fresh Strawberries
- Hulled And Cut Into Halves
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt (fat Free If Desired)
- 2 Tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Coconut Slices Or Chips Slices For Garnish (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Stir chia seeds into milk and keep aside for a couple of minutes.
Blend ingredients, from coconut milk to nectar with the chia mixture until smooth, or desired consistency.
Top with coconut slices.
For smoothies, I use the unsweetened carton coconut milk, found in the refrigerated dairy section. The canned milk can be an option, but will have a stronger coconut-y flavor.
A smoother smoothie? No worries. Blend longer until silky, and totally free of fruit grit. Strain if desired
Serve immediately or store refrigerated for up to 1-2 hours.
This makes 4 cups, or 3 generous servings. Need more? Double ingredients.
Coconut slices come frozen at Asian specialty groceries or you can buy the dried unsweetened coconut chips.
You'll also love
- 3-Ingredient Coconut Balls 4.2/5 (333 Votes)
- Kiwi, Apricot, and Yellow Peach... 4.4/5 (166 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Challah 4.2/5 (139 Votes)
- Potatoes Eggs and Cheese 4.2/5 (116 Votes)
- Blueberry Coffee Breakfast Smoothie 5/5 (7 Votes)
- Rava laddu 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Southern Style Strawberry Coconut... 3.4/5 (115 Votes)
- Lean Green Fighting Machine 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Coconuts make us dream of the summer, the sun and the sea. With our video we show you the easiest way to crack open a coconut, and before you know it you'll be whisked away to white sand beaches!