Best eaten warm with a bit of butter!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas mashed well
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts) (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375
Cream butter sugar and eggs
Sift flour baking soda and salt together and fold into butter mixture
Add mashed bananas
Add nuts and chocolate chips (optional)
Spoon mixture into medium sized loaf pan
Bake at 375 for approximately 55 minutes (check centre of loaf with toothpick making sure it comes out clean)
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!