Corn Meal Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven at 400 c
Mix milk and cornmeal and let stand while you put the rest of the ingredients together
Mix flour baking powder salt and sugar
Add egg and the oil to cornmeal
Mix the wet into the dry ingredients
Spoon batter into greased muffin tin (or use paper muffin cups)
Bake at 400 degrees for 20 min
Makes 12 large muffins
Add jalapenos corn or bacon bits to the batter if desired. Fruit would be nice too! Great served along side chili or on their own with lots of butter.
You'll also love
- Honey Corn Muffins 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Corn Meal Dumplings with Ham Hocks 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Beer Dog Hushpuppies 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Susan's Thimble Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parm-a-Meatloaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Spot Butterhorns 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Fried Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Country Minestrone Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!