- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup maize meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper or less
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Soak wooden sweepers in water.
Mix together all the ingredients in a small jug (for easy dipping) and allow it to rest in the fridge, covered, for 10-15 minutes.
Pat dry the hotdogs. Skewer the hot dogs, making sure enough of the skewer is left for handling.
Dip each skewered hot dog in the batter and deep fry it until golden.
Serve hot with your choice of sauces!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!