Savories- Corn Dogs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup maize meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper or less
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Soak wooden sweepers in water.
Mix together all the ingredients in a small jug (for easy dipping) and allow it to rest in the fridge, covered, for 10-15 minutes.
Pat dry the hotdogs. Skewer the hot dogs, making sure enough of the skewer is left for handling.
Dip each skewered hot dog in the batter and deep fry it until golden.
Serve hot with your choice of sauces!
You'll also love
- Booger Hollow Mac and Cheese 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Parmesean crusted chicken 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Honey - Berrie Milkshake 2.9/5 (22 Votes)
- Bingo cake 2.8/5 (114 Votes)
- Chipped Beef Gravy 3.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Homemade Banana Bread 3/5 (266 Votes)
- SPICY PEPPER CORN SOUP 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Hot Dog Stocking Appetizer 2.6/5 (102 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.