Cool Cucumber Soup
Own creation, another way to get veggies into my family's meals.
- 6 cups pureed cucumbers
- peels removed
- 2 cups onion
- 4 Tbsp garlic
- 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash
- onion & herb
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place your cucumber chunks into your food processor and puree til chunky/smooth texture. Pour into a large bowl.
Olive oil spray a frying pan, sauté your onion and garlic for 5 minutes, over medium high heat. Now add the onion/garlic to the cucumber bowl, along with Mrs. Dash, pepper to taste, mix well.
Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
You can also add the cucumbers to the frying pan once you sautéed your onions/garlic. Slowly pour cucumbers into pan, add Mrs. Dash while stirring and pepper to taste. Turn burner to low, and let simmer for 40 minutes, stir often. Serve warm with a dollop of lite sour cream, delicious!!
You'll also love
- Thermomix green bean and cucumber... 4.7/5 (68 Votes)
- Onion pakoda 2.7/5 (4 Votes)
- Ratatouille 3/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken Patties 2.8/5 (29 Votes)
- Pumpernickel Bread Dip 3/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken Pasta Dinner 3/5 (15 Votes)
- Split Pea Soup 2.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Cream of Cauliflower/Brocolli Soup 2.9/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!