Cool Cucumber Soup
Own creation, another way to get veggies into my family's meals.
- 6 cups pureed cucumbers, peels removed
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash, onion & herb
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place your cucumber chunks into your food processor and puree til chunky/smooth texture. Pour into a large bowl.
Olive oil spray a frying pan, sauté your onion and garlic for 5 minutes, over medium high heat. Now add the onion/garlic to the cucumber bowl, along with Mrs. Dash, pepper to taste, mix well.
Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
You can also add the cucumbers to the frying pan once you sautéed your onions/garlic. Slowly pour cucumbers into pan, add Mrs. Dash while stirring and pepper to taste. Turn burner to low, and let simmer for 40 minutes, stir often. Serve warm with a dollop of lite sour cream, delicious!!
You'll also love
- Thermomix green bean and cucumber... 4.7/5 (68 Votes)
- Grandma's Perogies 3/5 (13 Votes)
- Potatoe surpirse 3/5 (38 Votes)
- Chinese rice salad 3/5 (19 Votes)
- Baby and kid friendly leek soup 3/5 (27 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Chili 3/5 (27 Votes)
- Channa masala (Garbanzo beans) 2.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Cucumber sandwiches 3/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!