Channa masala (Garbanzo beans)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- bay leaf - 1
- cinnamon - 1
- cloves - 2
- onion - 1
- tomato - 2
- chilli powder - 1 tbsp
- coriander powder - 1 tsp
- cumin powder - 1 tsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- Kabuli channa ( Garbanzo beans) 1/2 cup
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Tea bag - 1
- Cilantro - 1/4 cup
- lime - 1
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Soak garbanzo beans the whole night or at least 5 hours.
Pressure cook it with water, baking soda 1 tsp and 1 packet tea bag.
pan add oil, once it is hot add bay leaf , cinnamon and clove
Add chopped onion saute until it turns golden brown
Add ginger garlic paste saute until raw flavor goes.
Add tomato puree and saute.
Grind half of the cooked garbanzo beans and add chilli powder , cumin powder, coriander powder or just add 1 tbsp of channa masala powder.
Add salt and water. close lid , simmer the stove for 5 min.
open lid add remaining cooked chick peas.
cook for 5 more minutes.
Garnish with cilantro and add lemon juice.
You'll also love
- Pepper Chicken Masala 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Cream of lentils, curry masala,... 4.2/5 (7 Votes)
- Chops- Masala saucy 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- FAUX SMOKED SALMON PATE 2.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Cucumber sandwiches 3/5 (16 Votes)
- Cheese fondue 3/5 (8 Votes)
- Pasta with mushroom soup / veggies 3/5 (13 Votes)
- Pizza Balls 3/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe