FAUX SMOKED SALMON PATE
This tangy dip goes perfectly with crackers. It is smoky and hearty.
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2/3 cups walnuts, ground
- 1 block cream cheese
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 sheets Nori seaweed, shredded
- 1/2 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- Salt ams pepper, to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Boil sweet potatoes to mash.
Saute onion, pepper, and garlic until caramelized. Add walnuts and cook 5 minutes.
Mash potatoes with cream cheese. Add in onion mixture.
Stir in remaining ingredients, mix well. Let cool and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
You'll also love
- Ashley's Nova Scotia & Lox 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- CHEESY GARLIC BISCUITS 2.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Pasta with mushroom soup / veggies 3/5 (13 Votes)
- Humus 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Cucumber / Salmon Verrines 2.7/5 (104 Votes)
- Sweet & Sour Sauce 2.9/5 (62 Votes)
- Herb and Wine Salmon 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- smoked salmon spread 2.9/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!