Best Creamed Salmon
Sockeye Salmon with white sauce and spices. Great on toast.
- 2T. Butter
- 2T. White flour
- 1 cup milk - skim or 2%
- 1 can sockeye salmon 214 gram - drained
- (Clover Leaf)
- 1t salt
- 1t fish seasoning or lemon pepper seasoning
- 1t Herb de Provence
- 1/2t black pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
In small saucepan melt butter using low heat.
Add flour and whisk together
Cook for about 3 minutes until blended
Add milk slowly, using whisk to blend
Stir frequently - using whisk, until mixture thickens
Break up salmon into small chunks and add to white sauce
Stir with wooden spoon until heated through
Serve on toast
Keep hot until served - cools quickly
Also good with steamed broccoli or with baked potato
You'll also love
- Green salad with salmon and avocado 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Green apple and prosciutto salsa... 4.3/5 (105 Votes)
- Herb and Wine Salmon 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Ham Roll-Ups 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Mom's Potato Salad 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Four Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos 2.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Honey- Soy Salmon 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Baked French Toast 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe