Hearty Potato & Cheese Soup
Rate this recipe 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- 6 C. peeled and cubed potatoes
- 14 oz. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 c. celery and carrots
- chopped spinach optional
- 1/2 c. onion
- 2 t. parsley
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 1 t. salt 1/2 t. pepper
- 3 c. milk divided
- 1/4 c. flour
- 3/4 c. sharp chedder
- cubed ham or bacon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
combine first 9 ing. in med. stock pot bring to a boil. cover and reduce heat. simmer 10-15 min. until veggies are tender. make a paste with 1/4 c. milk with flour and gradually add to soup. add remaining milk cheese and meat stirring constantly until soup thickens.
You'll also love
- Wild rice cheese soup 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Herb and Wine Salmon 2.9/5 (14 Votes)
- Denise's Chicken Soup 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Ham Roll-Ups 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Mexican casserole 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Coconut milk soup with shrimp 2.9/5 (31 Votes)
- goulash 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- BBQ sausages with diced potatoes 2.9/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Crispy Zucchini Potato Cakes
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!
Review this recipe