Hearty Potato & Cheese Soup
- 6 C. peeled and cubed potatoes
- 14 oz. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 c. celery and carrots
- chopped spinach optional
- 1/2 c. onion
- 2 t. parsley
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- 1 t. salt 1/2 t. pepper
- 3 c. milk divided
- 1/4 c. flour
- 3/4 c. sharp chedder
- cubed ham or bacon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
combine first 9 ing. in med. stock pot bring to a boil. cover and reduce heat. simmer 10-15 min. until veggies are tender. make a paste with 1/4 c. milk with flour and gradually add to soup. add remaining milk cheese and meat stirring constantly until soup thickens.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (458 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.9/5 (348 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Spicy Scallop with Cilantro Pistou... 3.2/5 (218 Votes)
- Rabbit stew 4.7/5 (83 Votes)
- Ya-Ka-Mein 4.2/5 (94 Votes)
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with... 5/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!