Coconut milk soup with shrimp
A delicious gluten free soup that's quite spicy!
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 cups of cooked shrimps
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 large can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nuoc mam)
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- 1 stalk of lemongrass
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 fresh red thai chilli pepper
- optional: fresh cilantro to garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Boil the chicken thighs in a large pan filled with water and the chicken stock cube for 30 minutes. Once cooked, shred the chicken meat and put aside.
Empty the pot of the chicken stock and add the chicken, coconut milk and fish sauce. Season with salt to taste, then add the garlic (minced), ginger, lemongrass and chili pepper.
Let simmer for 10 minutes, then add the shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes. Top with a handful of fresh cilantro.
You'll also love
- Crispy Coconut Shrimp 3.1/5 (253 Votes)
- Four Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos 2.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Bean Soup 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- goulash 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Honey- Soy Salmon 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Red tamarind chutney for chaat -... 2.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Shrimp and Avocado Tartare 2.9/5 (26 Votes)
- Marinated Shrimp Fried with Rice... 2.7/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.