Summer Squash Frittata
This is a healthy frittata that I made using yellow summer squash, zucchini, onion and tomato. Easy, summery, & delicious.
- 266 g Zucchini
- 1/2 cup Diced Onions
- 1 cup Plum Tomato
- 184 g Yellow Squash- 100g
- 1 tbsp Organic Sunflower Oil
- 3 cups 100% Egg Whites
- 1 cup Fat Free Shredded Mozzerella
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Mix
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Heat a medium sized oven-safe saute pan with some oil to medium heat. Preheat the broiler to high. Wash and chop the veggies into thin chunks/slices and cook in the pan on high heat for a couple of minutes until they start to get a bit soft. Turn heat to low and cover and simmer approx. 10 minutes until they're soft.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine egg, cheese, and seasoning together. Once veggies are tender, turn heat to medium and add the egg mixture, stirring to make sure the egg gets under the veggies too. Let the egg set, then move the pan to the broiler (about 3-4 inches under it) for about 5-7 minutes. Top will be slightly browned. Use a rubber spatula to remove from pan, plate, and slice.
You'll also love
- Baked Squash 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Sauce Muffins and ... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- 4-C Overnight Oats 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Simple Roasted Squash Soup 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Creamy Zucchini and Cumin Puree 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Berry Good 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Tomato Gazpacho with Sardines 4.1/5 (49 Votes)
- Yellow Squash Soup 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who do you know that would love these delicious baked egg and ham cups?