Caramelized carrots frittata
- 1 carrot
- 3 small or 2 large eggs
- 2 sugars cubes
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- a pinch of cumin.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook carrots in water 6 minutes until tender. Drain and slice. In a skillet, over medium heat, melt the two pieces of sugar with 1 1/2 tbsp of butter and add the sliced carrots. Coat well with a spatula. Add a pinch of cumin and season with salt and pepper. Leave carrots caramelize a few minutes, watching carefully.
Beat the eggs and pour over the caramelized carrots. Reduce heat to allow eggs to cook and stop the caramelization. Cook, without stirring covering. Serve with a salad.
You'll also love
- Eggs with Cheese and Sauted onions 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Cucumber Avocado Smoothie 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Creamy Three Cheese and Broccoli... 4.1/5 (36 Votes)
- Classic Deep Fried Batter 3.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Cream Of Carrot Soup 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Veggie/sausage frittata 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Crustless Quiche 2.4/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!