Cucumber Avocado Smoothie
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 greek yogurts
- 3 cucumbers
- 3 spring onions
- a large handful or rocket/ arugula
- 1 pinch of chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Peel the cucumbers and cut them into small pieces.
Cut the avocados in half, throw away the pit and scoop out the flesh.
Thinly slice the spring onions.
In the bowl of a food processor or directly in a blender, put all of the vegetables along with the rest of the ingredients.
Blend for 3 minutes until the mixture is smooth and frothy.
If needed, add some water to thin it out. Be sure to keep it in the fridge if you are not serving immediately.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!