Our best easy squash - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Top rated Easy squash recipes
Wash and cut squash lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices
Cooking for Your Baby - An interview with new mom, Alba Davalos
New mom, Alba Davalos, shares her journey on becoming a babyfood making expert, her favorite recipes, and tips to feeding picky eaters.
Roasted Butternut Squash with Kale and Shiitakes
By nrlowell, The Chef's Last Diet - exploring a healthy love of food
A simple to prepare side that tastes as elegant as it looks
- This is not a recipe where exact amounts are critical
- Preheat oven to 325° F
- 1 Lb Orange Winter Squash such as Butternut or Acorn peeled* and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 Bunch Kale stems removed and torn into pieces
- 1/2 Lb Shiitake Mushrooms stems removed and cut into 1/4" strips
- 3 TBL Olive Oil
- 1 TBL Kosher Salt
- 1-2 Tsp Cumin (depending on your personal taste)
- 2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- *It is not necessary to peel acorn squash
- you can eat the peel
Sample Baby Menus
Sample menus for babies aged between 6 months and 1 year
Summer Squash Frittata
By Karey @ Nutty About Health, Nutty About Health
This is a healthy frittata that I made using yellow summer squash, zucchini, onion and tomato
- 266 g Zucchini
- 1/2 cup Diced Onions
- 1 cup Plum Tomato
- 184 g Yellow Squash- 100g
- 1 tbsp Organic Sunflower Oil
- 3 cups 100% Egg Whites
- 1 cup Fat Free Shredded Mozzerella
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Mix
Creamy of Butternut Soup
1) Wash and peel the squash (remember that the skin is pretty tough, better use a good paring knife than a potato p...
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 onions
- 1 dash of cream to each plate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (halved)
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg and turmeric