Squash soup recipes - 7 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.
Top rated Squash soup recipes
Simple Roasted Squash Soup
By saltandpaper, Salt + Paper
This soup needs no garnish or side
- 1 large Butternut Squash (halved lengthwise & seeded)
- 1 medium Acorn Squash
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup cream or half & half
- 1 leek (1/4 cup chopped)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
30 ways to keep your summer state of mind when fall begins
By Déborah Deprez
Summer might be over, but that doesn't mean losing your clear mind or healthy habits. Here are 30 tips to keep your summer vibes alive!
Yellow Squash Soup
Wash squash and boil for 45 minutes
- Yellow Squash
BBQ faves you can make in your slow cooker all year long
Just because summer's almost over, doesn't mean that BBQ food has to end!
Creamed Winter Squash and Potato Soup with Cabbage
This is a very hearty soup that was developed from a simple potato soup recipe my mom used to make
- 2 tablespoons olive or walnut oil
- 1 large coarse chopped red onion
- 1 large coarse chopped white onion
- 6 cloves fine chopped garlic
- 6 stalks coarse chopped celery
- 1 coarse chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 coarse chopped green bell pepper
- 1 coarse chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fine chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup coarse chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 pounds cubed Idaho or Yukon gold potatoes
- 4 pounds cubed winter squash
- 1 pound cubed turnips
- 2 quarts homemade or canned vegetable stock
- 1 quart heavy cream or half and half
- 1 1/2 cups frozen kernels
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 4 pounds fine shredded cabbage
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Vegetable soup suitable for babies and kids
By Gourmandize Baby, Gourmandize
A healthy soup for your little one
- 1 zucchini
- 1/4 squash
- 1/4 green cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 cups rice
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
14 foods to boost your Vitamin D levels this fall
By Deborah Deprez
Missing SUNSHINE and the balmy heat of summer? You're not alone, but here are 14 foods you can eat to keep stocking up on Vitamin D!
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Preheat over to 350 degrees
- 6 Tablespoons Chopped Onion
- 4 Tablespoons Margarine
- 6 Cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried majoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese
- 1 diced onion
- 2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 diced chilli or bell pepper
- 1tbls. curry powder
- 2tbls. olive oil
- 2 lb cubed butternut
- 2 cubed potatoes
- 1/2tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/2tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
Butternut Squash Soup with Winter Pesto Flatbread
By morselsofparadise, Morsels of Paradise
Sweet and nutty, but not like an affable relative, butternut squash soup recipe is sure to please when paired with ...
- 2½ pound butternut squash
- 1 carrot
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf