Butternut Squash Soup with Winter Pesto Flatbread
Sweet and nutty, but not like an affable relative, butternut squash soup recipe is sure to please when paired with crispy winter flatbreads.
- 2½ pound butternut squash
- 1 carrot
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 425°F. Peel squash, remove seeds with a spoon, and cut into 1 inch cubes. Peel carrot and cut into 1 inch chunks.
Toss squash and carrot pieces with olive oil and arrange on rimmed baking sheets. Roast until very well browned, about 40 minutes, turning pieces a few times during cooking.
Melt butter in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Add stock, bay leaf, squash and carrot to saucepan. Bring to a simmer then lower the heat and continue simmering until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
Remove and discard bay leaf. Blend until completely smooth and season to taste with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.6/5 (165 Votes)
- Breadsticks with Parsley Pesto... 3/5 (279 Votes)
- Baked Squash 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Squash And Kale Salad 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Duck Confit Flatbread 4/5 (32 Votes)
- Creamy of Butternut Soup 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Terrine of chicken with pesto 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- pesto cubes from the garden 4/5 (7 Votes)