Duck Confit Flatbread
Sundried Tomato pesto with applewood cheddar and julienne pear elevate this flatbread to a savoury-delicious level
- 2 duck legs
- olive oil or duck fat (enough to confit)
- 1 3/4c flour
- 1/2t sugar
- 1 package yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4c water
- 1c sundried tomatoes
- tbsp tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic
- tsp balsamic glaze
- tbsp fresh oregano
- 4 shallots
- 100g applewood cheddar
- 1 bartlett pear
- 1c arugula
- tbsp olive oil
- tbsp lemon juice
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 400mins
Heat up your oil to 200* farenheit and then let confit in the oven for 6 hours. Remove and shred
It is a good idea to score the legs, cure in salt over night, rinse, and then confit.
mix flour, yeast, sugar and water in a mixer
Then add salt and more water
knead and let rise for 30min-1hour
punch out your dough and roll out
chop sundried tomatoes, garlic very finely
mix with the tomato paste, balsamic and oregano.
caramelize shallots without oil on low heat
julienne pears and let sit in water until ready to cook
Throw your dough on a very hot grill for about 1-2 min per side. Remove and layer ingredients:
sundried tomato pesto, caramelized shallots, cheddar, pears, shredded duck.
Bake in oven for 10 minutes at 375 until cheese has melted
Slice into portions and top with arugula tossed in olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Duck breast with Raspberry marinade 2.9/5 (214 Votes)
- Broccoli Bacon Cheese Salad 4/5 (29 Votes)
- Chorizo & Eggs 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Goat Cheese and Fig Skewers 3.8/5 (66 Votes)
- Puff pastry with asparagus 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Normandy style duck 3.9/5 (39 Votes)
- Tofu tart with arugula 3.5/5 (103 Votes)
- Garlic Crackers 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!