Normandy style duck
By douet clotilde
- 2 duck breasts
- One half mature camembert
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 2 shallots
- scant cup cider
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 2 large apples
- 4 sheets of filo pastry
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 12mins
Preheat oven to 410F
Prepare the camembert: Cut the Camembert and mash with a fork with wine and finely chopped garlic. Place the mixture on the pastry sheet and fold to make a rectangle. Bake 10 minutes.
Prepare the duck breast: Score the skin without reaching the meat and then fry on both sides in a hot pan so that they brown. Finish cooking in oven for 10 to 12 minutes at 410. Add salt and pepper just before serving.
Peel apples, core and cut into fairly thick slices. Use the pan you cooked the duck breasts in and brown the apples a few minutes and then keep them in oven for 5 minutes at 410.
Cider sauce - Sauté finely chopped shallots in a knob of butter. Pour the cider and reduce. When cooked add the cream. Salt and pepper
You'll also love
- Duck breast with Raspberry marinade 2.9/5 (214 Votes)
- Roasted Duck Breast with Parline,... 3.6/5 (162 Votes)
- Macaroni & Cheese 3.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Steak & Bleu Cheese Salad 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Cobbler 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Petit Profiteroles Citron 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Pie 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Croque Monsieur with Smoked Salmon 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!