How to make the best filo pastry with duck breast - 2 recipes
Inspired by a variety of Greek dishes and flavors, filo (also known as fillo or phyllo) pastry duck parcels are a delicious weekend dinner idea. Try this duck breast with fruit flavors recipe or pair this dish with a healthy vegetable fruit salad!
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Filo pastry with duck breast recipes
Normandy style duck
By douet clotilde
Preheat oven to 410F Prepare the camembert: Cut the Camembert and mash with a fork with wine and finely chopped ...
- 2 duck breasts
- One half mature camembert
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 2 shallots
- scant cup cider
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 2 large apples
- 4 sheets of filo pastry
10 Restaurants That Will Give You Free Food On Your Birthday
... and we tell you where to find them!
Iced Melon Soup with Mint Oil and Crispy Smoked Duck BreastRecipewe ♡
Preheat oven to 350 Mix 1 and a half melon with half of the olive oil, the lemon vinegar and ten leaves of mint, p...
- 2 melons
- 1 fresh bunch of mint
- 1 scant cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of lemon vinegar
- 1 smoked duck breast
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp tomatoes confit
- 1 pack filo sheets
- salt and pepper
filo pastry with duck breast recipe collections
- feta and spinach filo pastry (8)
- duck breast glaze (6)
- vegetarian filo pastry (4)
- YUM!Food Porn filo pastry starters (4)
- filo pastry canapes (2)
- chicken filo pastry parcels (2)
- YUM!Food Porn filo pastry parcels with scallops (2)
- chicken breast (66)
- boneless chicken breast (37)
- puff pastry sheets (26)