Pasties recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Pasties recipes
Steak and Mushroom Pasties
These tasty steak and mushroom pasties are the perfect hand-pie snack or dinner!
- I lb of steak (preferably strip loin)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 lb quartered mushrooms
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pkg frozen puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg
25 Tasty Twists on Apple Turnovers
Bring new life to the humble apple turnover with these 25 tasty twists. Let fruit, spices and booze transform it into something extraordinary!
By Olga Klesch
Cornish pasties originated as portable lunches for tin miners, fishermen and farmers to take to work
- 1 Medium Potato, cut into 5 mm ( 1/4 inch) dice
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 225 Gram Blade of beef or rump steak, cut into 1cm cubes (8 oz)
- 225 Gram Plain flour (8 oz)
- 50 Gram Butter, diced (2 oz)
- 50 Gram Lard, diced (2 oz)
- Cold water, to mix
- Beaten egg or milk, to glaze
19 Geometric Desserts You Won't Believe Are Actually Edible
Ukranian architect and pastry chef Dinara Kasko combines her passions for design and dessert to create stunning pastries!
Cheese and onion pasty
Get your pastry. Roll it out