Warm Goat Cheese with Honey and Beer Syrup
- Goat cheese (4 small round pieces)
- 1 Puff lowered
- 1 egg yolk
- Sesame seeds (2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 beer (style Kriek - a cherry lambic beer)
- Young sprouts salad
- Style exotic fruits such as mango
- papaya or avocado
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 350-375 ° F
Start with beer syrup. Put 3/4 of the beer in a saucepan and heat gently. Add about 4 tablespoons of sugar and reduce. Beer has evaporated and the syrup should take. Be careful not to cook too long (this is not a caramel!). Salt and pepper and set aside. If the syrup is too thick, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of beer before serving.
Goat cheese pastries: Cut 4 slices of puff pastry with a bowl or something large and round. It must cover the full piece of goat cheese. Place the goat cheese in the middle. Pepper. Add a little honey. Close the pastry delicately. Brush at the last minute with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes in the middle of the oven.
While cooking the pastry, one can prepare the salad. Here, feel free to use: arugula, watercress, young shoots, anything that goes through your head. For the sauce, a very simple drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar ... I cut very thin slices of mango to decorate and voila.
Arrange the salad on one side, the goat cheese pastry on the other. Gently pour the goat cheese with the hot syrup and serve immediately!
You'll also love
- Mushroom wrapped pancetta skewers 4.3/5 (49 Votes)
- MACARONI AND CHEESE 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- 3 Ingredient Ranch Cheeseball 4.7/5 (29 Votes)
- LunchBox 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Bruschetta and Goat Cheese Crostini 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Terrine of sardines 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Hubby's Fave Drunken Chickens 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Beer Battered Fish with Vinegar... 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!