Tomato Terrine with Fresh Goat Cheese
- * 3 - 3.5 lbs ripe tomatoes
- * 6 sheets gelatin
- * 8 oz (2 cups) fresh goat
- * 3 c. tablespoons of olive oil
- * cilantro
- * mint
- * parsley
- * Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- Plunge tomatoes into boiling water to peel them, cut them into strips over a colander to catch the juice.
- Immerse the gelatine in a bowl of cold water. Once softened, melt them in tomato juice previously boiled.
- Arrange a layer of tomatoes in the bottom of a cake pan, overlapping them. Sprinkle with one third of the tomato juice.
- In a bowl, mix the goat cheese, olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper. Arrange a layer on the bed of tomatoes.
- Finish with another layer of tomatoes. Pour the remaining tomato juice.
- Allow at least 3 hours in refrigerator. Unmold and serve with fresh toasted country bread rubbed with garlic and drizzled with a light drizzle of oil.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.